North Fork Winery Touring, Part II
Last post, we began a route for a self guided tour of North Fork wineries, with the starting point being our bed and breakfast. We continue that tour below.
6. Corey Creek, 45470 Rte. 25 Southhold. Only a quarter mile down Route 25 (Main Rd.) you will take a left down a driveway about 500 ft. long. Corey Creek are the vineyards for Bedell Cellars. This winery is a 30-year-old sustainably farmed and family owned estate vineyard and winery making some of the most critically acclaimed wines from the North Fork of Long Island. Tasting room is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7. Raphael, 39390 Rte 25 Pectonic. One mile down the road and on the left will be Raphael. Along with happy hours and live music, Raphael creates ripe, fruit-driven wines that exhibit a marriage of depth, finesse, elegance, and balance. They also offer tours of the vineyard and production facility.
8. Pindar Vineyards, 37645 Rte. 25, Pectonic. Only a half mile down the road, come to Pindar Vineyards. Today Pindar Vineyards produces 70,000 cases of wine a year, making them the largest vineyard on Long Island. The vineyard encompasses more than 500 scenic acres where 17 varieties of grapes are grown and crafted into some 23 varietals and proprietary blends.
9. Pugliese Vineyards, 34515 Main Rd (Rte. 25), Cutchogue. Featuring many estate bottled wines, champagnes & ports. Opened in 1980, Pugliese Vineyard is a family business. Tasting room open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
10. LIEB Cellars, Oregon Rd., Cutchogue. Our last winery for this post brings us back to the North side of the Peninsula to LIEB Cellars. This tasting room is their second on Long Island. Situated across from an expansive sunflower field, Lieb Cellars on Oregon Road offers beautiful views as well as piano music on weekends and hors d’oevres made by In-house Epicurian, Alicia Valle, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. Alicia prepares fresh, seasonal bites from local purveyors. Menus are created each week, and wine pairings are suggested. Open every day from noon to 7 p.m.
Come back next week for more North Fork Wineries! Can you believe we’ve only worked our way through about half of the wine growing region of Long Island?