Long Island Winterfest – Live On the Vine, is an annual five week long, mid-winter music, wine, and art festival, scheduled for February 19th through March 20th, 2016, and bringing big name acts like Judy Collins, Jefferson Starship, and Amy Helm to Long Island’s scenic north and south forks.
Long Island Winterfest is a much anticipated mid-winter festival that includes over 90 exciting events spread out over 5 weeks and taking place in more than 30 venues, including 23 world-class, Long Island wineries.
You’ve survived the holidays and now it’s time for some well-deserved rest and relaxation to kick off the New Year right – but what to do? How about a Long Island Wine Country getaway?
You might think winery tours and tastings are an activity more suited to warmer times of the year. Let’s face it: a glass of wine with friends is fine whenever it happens. Besides, enjoying a glass of wine while snuggled up next to a crackling fire? That sounds even better, somehow doesn’t it?
Last post, we began a route for a self guided tour of North Fork wineries, with the starting point being our bed and breakfast. We continue that tour below.
6. Corey Creek, 45470 Rte. 25 Southhold. Only a quarter mile down Route 25 (Main Rd.) you will take a left down a driveway about 500 ft. long. Corey Creek are the vineyards for Bedell Cellars. This winery is a 30-year-old sustainably farmed and family owned estate vineyard and winery making some of the most critically acclaimed wines from the North Fork of Long Island. Tasting room is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7. Raphael, 39390 Rte 25 Pectonic. One mile down the road and on the left will be Raphael. Along with happy hours and live music, Raphael creates ripe, fruit-driven wines that exhibit a marriage of depth, finesse, elegance, and balance. They also offer tours of the vineyard and production facility.
8. Pindar Vineyards, 37645 Rte. 25, Pectonic. Only a half mile down the road, come to Pindar Vineyards. Today Pindar Vineyards produces 70,000 cases of wine a year, making them the largest vineyard on Long Island. The vineyard encompasses more than 500 scenic acres where 17 varieties of grapes are grown and crafted into some 23 varietals and proprietary blends.
9. Pugliese Vineyards, 34515 Main Rd (Rte. 25), Cutchogue. Featuring many estate bottled wines, champagnes & ports. Opened in 1980, Pugliese Vineyard is a family business. Tasting room open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
10. LIEB Cellars, Oregon Rd., Cutchogue. Our last winery for this post brings us back to the North side of the Peninsula to LIEB Cellars. This tasting room is their second on Long Island. Situated across from an expansive sunflower field, Lieb Cellars on Oregon Road offers beautiful views as well as piano music on weekends and hors d’oevres made by In-house Epicurian, Alicia Valle, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America. Alicia prepares fresh, seasonal bites from local purveyors. Menus are created each week, and wine pairings are suggested. Open every day from noon to 7 p.m.
Come back next week for more North Fork Wineries! Can you believe we’ve only worked our way through about half of the wine growing region of Long Island?
A 2012 Spring Passport to Long Island Wine Country special is underway through June 1. In other words, this is a fabulous time to come spend a few days at Arbor View House our North Fork Long Island Bed and Breakfast near historic Greenport, NY.
Do you know how fun it is to visit a foreign land and come home with a new stamp on your passport? Well, each time you visit a participating Long Island Winery and purchase a bottle of wine, you'll get a stamp on your "passport".
Visit at least 10 participating wineries and receive:
A complimentary tasting of featured wine (with purchase of any in-house tasting).
2 admission tickets for the price of 1 to the 2012 Taste of Summer event at Old Bethpage Village on June 2.
A chance to win an East End Experience Gift Package.
Passport to Long Island Wine Country
In addition, you'll have had the wonderful experience of visiting many Long Island wineries and trying their wine. Like travel, this will broaden your mind and tantalize your palate!
Participating Long Island Wineries are too numerous to list here, but all 35 of them are listed on the Long Island Wine Country website.
Rest assured, you'll find many participating wineries close to our North Fork Long Island Bed and Breakfast. Peconic Bay Winery, Bedell Cellars, and Old Field Vineyards (try their Cabernet Franc) are three of the closest.
When you stay with us you'll get a wine discount card that will increase your savings even more.
Plan a Spring Wine Tasting Getaway on Long Island soon, and fill your passport!
Here is a list of some popular wineries and vineyards located on the North Fork of Long Island:
Castello di Borghese Vineyard & Winery
One Woman Wines & Vineyards
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there are other vineyards and wineries in the North Fork of Long Island that I list on the complete winery and vineyard list.