Our last two blog posts have outlined a suggested route for visiting wineries in the North Fork of Long Island, with the starting point being our Bed and Breakfast in East Marion. We continue that tour in this blog, as part 3.
11. Peconic Bay Winery, 31320 Main Rd, Cutchogue: If you were just at the lovely LIEB Winery tasting room on Oregon Rd., cross Middle Road on Cox Ln back to Main Road (Rte. 25) and keep heading Southwest on Main road about a third mile. The Peconic Bay Winery is a bit of rural heaven on Long Island. Check for live music and events at the winery.
12. Castello di Borghese Vineyard, 17150 County Road 48, Cutchogue: A mile down Rte. 25, turn up Alvahs Rd to get back on Middle Road. Just to the right will be Castello di Borghese, voted the Best Winery in Long Island by editors at the Long Island Press. Pinor Noir and Sauvignan Blanc are their signature varietals.
13. McCall Wines, 22600 New York 25, Cutchogue: Although the McCall family has grown grapes on the North Fork for over 14 years, 2007 was the first year they considered the vintage to be truly great and put it on the market. They make Pinot Noir and Merlot.
14. Pellegrini Vineyards, 23005 Main Rd, Cutchogue: Just next door to McCall Wines is Pellegrini Vineyards, where wine tastings can be enjoyed in the tasting room or on the courtyard seven days a week.
15. Sherwood House Vineyards, 2600 Oregon Rd, Mattituck: Enjoy traditional French style wines here at the Outdoor Tasting Stand and Gardens located right next to the vineyard, with picnic tables and fire pits.
Lodging for a North Fork Wine Weekend
The Arbor View Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place for you to call home while you are exploring the North Fork of Long Island. We offer full three course breakfasts, heavenly beds, great concierge service and a clean, comfortable house.
Come back next week for the conclusion of our Winery Tour Route!