In this post, we are going to give you a list of the wineries closest to our Long Island bed and breakfast in East Marion. Take your bike, vehicle or hire a limo or driver for a wine tasting tour you won’t forget!
1. Old Field Vineyards, 59600 New York 25 Southold. Six miles south of the B&B is the Old Field, a family owned and operated winery open since 1974. Open Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Spring.
2. One Woman Vineyards, 5195 Old North Rd. Southhold. On the other side of the island, about four miles, is One Woman Wines and Vineyards. Owner Claudia Purita planted the majority of her plants by hand and continues a tradition of sustainability and self-reliance. Open Monday through Thursday 12 – 4 p.m., Friday through Sunday 12 – 6 pm.
3. Sparkling Pointe, 39750 County Road 48 Southhold. Down Route 48 about two and half miles is Sparkling Pointe – a sparkling wine and Champagne vineyard and winery. The tasting house is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
4. Mattebella Vineyards, 46005 Rte 25 Southold. Now the wineries are going to start being even closer together. Two miles away you’ll arrive at Mattebella Vineyard, another family winery where the vast majority of harvesting is done the old fashioned way, by hand. Tasting Cottage open Wednesday through Monday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (and sometimes later).
5. Duckwalk Vineyards, 44535 Main Rd. Southold. Only a quarter mile down Main Rd. from Mattebella is Duck Walk. Voted one of 2013’s best of Long Island, founder Dr. Herodotus “Dan” Damianos helped start the Long Island wine industry in the early 1980’s. Tasting room open seven days a week from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Arbor View House B&B is Your Starting Point for All Things North Fork
Whether you are exploring Long Island wineries, relaxing on the beach and soaking up some rays, or interested the wide array of shopping, dining and art on Long Island, we can help you plan an unforgettable trip.
Come back next week for more of the North Fork winery tour.