The 5th annual Long Island Winterfest Jazz on the Vine series at North Fork Vineyards is going strong. Two weekends remain: March 10-11 and March 17-18. Our North Fork Long Island Bed and Breakfast still has rooms available both weekends; be spontaneous and come out to Jazz on the Vine.
Jazz on the Vine has been wildly popular so far this year. Wine drinkers have expanded their appreciation of jazz, and jazz fans have expanded their palates. Jazz and wine are a perfect combination, really, like bread and cheese or milk and cookies.
Remaining Winterfest highlights include (but aren’t limited to):
- The magnetic Shenole Latimer Quartet at Raphael (March 10, 4:30).
- Ojoyo, a wonderful fusion of South African and American music, at Duck Walk Vineyards North (March 10, 4:30).
- The eclectic Curtis Brothers at Macari Vineyards (March 11, 2:00).
- Enchanting vocalist Laurent Kinhan at Bedell Cellars (March 11, 4:00).
- Oscar Peñas Ethereal Ensemble at Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyards (March 17, 1:30)
- The mezmorizing Jack Morelli Trio at Jamesport Vineyards (March 17, 4:30).
- Jazz Fusion pioneers, The Avengers, at Duck Walk North (March 17, 3:00).
- Singer/guitarist Ahmad Ali at Sherwood House (March 18, 2:00).
- Mambo Loco at Raphael (March 18, 3:30).
You can be driven by the wines or the music. Decide who you want to see and go from there, or decide which wines you want to try and let the music surprise you. There are several performances each day at several different wineries, so you are sure to find something you like. Consider it a grand adventure.
Arbor View House, a North Fork Long Island Bed and Breakfast, makes a great base during Winterfest Jazz on the Vine. We’re located in the quiet village of East Marion, close to the wineries and the hopping seaport town of Greenport.
Please visit Jazz on the Vine for a complete Winterfest Schedule, and call 800-963-8777 to make a reservation at Arbor View House.